Dental Professional Liability
The Tennessee Dental Association sponsored Professional Liability Insurance plan provides protection against claims that may be brought against you in your practice as a dentist. Following are just a few features of this valuable policy:
- Limits – Coverage is available from $100,000/$300,000 to $5,000,000 per incident, $7,000,000 aggregate.
- Policy Types – Occurrence, convertible claims-made, and standard claims-made policy types are available.
- Premium Credits – Premium credits are available for claims-free, risk management, new dentist, part-time, leave of absence and large groups.
- Settlement Provision – Insured retains absolute consent to settle. No financial liability is assumed by the insured for any claim contained within policy limits. No hammer clause.
- Employed Hygienists, Assistants & Staff – Covered, at no extra cost.
- Extended Reporting Period – Extended reporting period for claims-made policies (tail coverage) available and at no cost upon full disability, death or retirement (subject to qualification).
- Locum Tenums – Permits limited sharing of your policy while licensed and approved dentists fill in for you during vacation, etc.
- Defense Costs, Including Attorney Fees – Covered and does not reduce the limits of your policy.
- Risk Management – Publications, seminars, programs and practice audits are available.